On Thursday, May 9, Jenny Q Chai will perform an altered version of her program Acqua Alta at Baltimore’s premiere classical/experimental music venue An Die Musik. The program will include Annie Gosfield’s dynamic work Brooklyn, October 5, 2941, which memorializes Mickey Owens’s famous blunder that granted the Yankees victory in the 1941 World Series (and blemished his own epic career from that moment on). Written into the piece is a portion where the pianist plays her instrument with a baseball mitt and glove.
The recital begins at 8:00 pm on May 9, located at An Die Musik, 409 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD. Tickets are $12 for the general public, $10 for full-time students. Contact 410-385-2638 for for more information.
The complete program is as follows:
- Milica Paranosic Bubble World Premiere
- Kurtag Hommage à Scarlatti
- Scarlatti Sonatas
- Gibbons The Italian Ground (1613)
- Marco Stroppa Ninnananna from Miniature Estrose
- Liszt La lugubre gondola
- Debussy Prelude to La cathédrale engloutie
- Ravel Une Barque Sur L’océan from Miroirs
- Nils Vigeland I Turisti World Premiere
- Michael Vincent Waller Acqua Santa World Premiere
- Annie Gosfield Brooklyn, October 5, 1941